Bairnstrust Committee Meeting
16th February 2004
Elliots, Graeme Road, Falkirk
Stephen Bird called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone.
1. Apologies for Absence
Apologies were received from Bill Anderson, Murray McIntyre, Jack
Gardiner and Eileen Merrilees who were representing BairnsTrust
at the Budvar evening. Apologies were also received from Fergus
2. Minutes of Last Meeting
Last months minutes were formally accepted as an accurate record.
Proposed Brian Guthrie, Seconded Michael White.
The minutes of the additional meeting of 9th February were also
formally accepted as an accurate record. Proposed Steven Adam,
seconded Brian Guthrie.
3. Matters Arising
* Brian confirmed video production was still on target for the
end of the month
* A reply has been received from the Scottish Parliament on the
use of the club logo on number plates. Unfortunately Central Scotland
Police have indicated that they would consider such number plates
illegal and therefore the Trust have to abandon this idea.
4. Financial Report
This item was held over until the next meeting, as Fergus was
unable to attend tonight.
5. Annual General Meeting
Enquiries have been made with regards to an alternative venue
for the A.G.M. but had to date proved costly. Although it is still
hoped the A.G.M. can be held in Westfield Alastair is going to
look into the possibility of using the Polish Club.
Steven is currently working on revisions to the Business plan
and membership resolution but these will shortly be published
on the website along with the call for resolutions.
6. Westfield Update and FFC Board Report
* The stadium is nearing completion and it is anticipated the
club will still move into their new accommodation mid-March. Once
safety certificates have been received BairnsTrust will be able
to conduct Stadium tours.
* The under soil heating that will be installed shortly is zoned
meaning that if only one area of the pitch is affected by frost
heat can be turned on in that area only making it more cost effective.
* There has been no feedback as yet on the size of the initial
supporters lounge at Westfield.
* Discussion is about to be undertaken on the naming of the lounges
and it is thought it will be mainly former players, a possible
captains suite and Brockville.
* Next years strip design should be ready for comment via the
club website in the near future. The special edition shirt incorporating
the names of all previous players should be available by the end
of next month.
* It was confirmed that fewer people than could have chose to
exercise the option for free tickets for the Aberdeen game
* The next FFC Board meeting is 19th February and it may well
be decided at this meeting to put Falkirk FC’s A.G.M. back
due to other commitments. The date is now anticipated to be 19th
* There have been no further developments as yet in the OFT case
but it is still on going.
7. Any Other Business
* It was agreed that following on from the success of the ‘Farewell
to Brockville’ merchandise, some sort of Welcome to Westfield
T-shirt be designed. Brian is dealing and the objective is to
have these available by the A.G.M.
* Two supporters clubs have announced dates for their end of season
events and these will be publicised on the website along with
others once dates are known.
* Discussion was entered into regarding events and their pricing
and it was agreed to look at arranging an event for around December
next year in Westfield for the fans along the same cost as the
old Federation dances. It was also agreed to look at other events
such as Burns Supper aimed at the fan on the terrace rather than
corporate. A sub committee will look into this.
* Kirstie passed round designs for the revised BairnsTrust certificates,
a design was agreed and Kirstie will arrange for these to be professionally
printed. It was suggested by Michael that we use Minuteman as
they already have the BairnsTrust graphic.
* An advance order form is to be made available for the BairnsTrust
video and be placed in the club shop and on the website.
* Concern was once again expressed that the 200club draw had not
been conducted on the park and there was no confirmation as to
whether it had taken place at all last month. Some fans have indicated
they have withdrawn their support for the 200club because of this.
BairnsTrust will write to Falkirk FC on this asking for clarification
8. Date and Time of Next Meeting
The next meeting will still take place on Monday 15th March 2004
: : Download
these minutes in Word Format : :