MENU

News
Minutes
Boardroom
Newsletters

Message Board
Future Events

What Is A Trust?
BairnsTrust History
Constitution

The Committee

Contact Us

Falkirk Links
Other Links

ARCHIVES
News
Minutes
Boardroom
Westfield

 

 

 

 


NEXT MEETING
Monday 15th May 2006, 7.30 p.m.
Falkirk Community Stadium

 

 

JOIN HERE!

BairnsTrust Options

ShareSave Explained


Application Form



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Bairnstrust Committee Meeting

16th March 2004

Elliots, Graeme Road, Falkirk

Present:

Michael White
Jack Gardiner
Stephen Bird
Murray McIntyre
Fergus Caldwell
Alistair Ferrie
Kirstie Adam
Stewart Wilson
Brian Guthrie
Lorna Strathearn
Bill Anderson
John McCreaddie
John Dick
George Donaldson
Wayne Toft
Willie Morrison
Jean Toft
Donald Scobbie

Stephen Bird called the meeting to order and welcomed everyone.

1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Steven Adam and Tom Jamieson.

2. Minutes of Last Meeting

Last months minutes were formally accepted as an accurate record. Proposed Stewart Wilson, Seconded Brian Guthrie.

3. Matters Arising

The meeting was advised of Crawford Baptie’s memo in response to concerns regarding the 200 club draw. It was confirmed the next draw would be on the park on the 27th March.

4. Financial Report

The accounts have now been audited and require the signatures of the Chair, Treasurer and Secretary. The audit cost £50 and there is currently a balance of £1277 in the BairnsTrust Bank Account. Four Share Save members who elected to do so have now received Share certificates in their own name.
The meeting was advised of a problem that had arisen due to a misunderstanding. Monies received from an individual as a donation had in fact been intended to purchase shares in his own name. The situation has now been resolved and the administration procedures have been changed since the mistake was made and this cannot happen again.

5. Board Nominations

The nominations received for election to the Trust Board were read out and no objections raised. These will now be recommended at the A.G.M.
Similarly, the nomination received for election as Supporters Representative will also be put before the A.G.M.

6. Annual General Meeting

Alistair Ferrie advised that the Polish Club could accommodate the AGM on the proposed date but access would strictly be from 7.30-10.30pm. This was felt to be too restrictive and therefore the second choice of The Park Hotel would be used.
Willie Morrison suggested we check with the Warriors Social Club first in case they could accommodate. Brian will check with the Warriors Social Club and confirm the venue by mid-day tomorrow.

7. Events/Press and Public Affairs

* The Video is still work in progress but almost complete with additional footage as promised. It will probably be around 2 hours 30 minutes in length. Stephen Bird will produce video fliers.

* It is aimed to have t-shirts available for the AGM. Brian will circulate images for consideration over the next few days.

* A preliminary meeting has been arranged with Beancross Farm to check their availability and suitability for future functions if needed.

* Michael has been asked to obtain clarification as to whether or not we will be allowed to sell our shirts and video through the club shop.

* Confirmation was received that there are virtually no copies of the Club video unsold.

8. Fans Charter-1st Draft

A first draft has been produced but as it has not yet been circulated to the Committee discussion on this was delayed until the meeting following the AGM.

9. Supporters Issues

* Very strong concerns were voiced over the clubs decision to issue the recent £25 letter to fans regarding season tickets. It is felt this was extremely ill thought out and this was done without any consultation. It is also felt that there is a great deal of conflicting information coming out of the club with regards to how it is being administered. Amongst views aired were that it gave no consideration to loyalty, it was playing on the fans loyalty for the £25 and creating bitterness and relied on a postal lottery. It is felt that supporters are being treated disgracefully in this matter. Michael conceded that it had perhaps not been fully thought through and suggested it be put to the Board at the meeting on Wednesday 17th March that a sub committee of three BairnsTrust members work with them to try and resolve this issue with the least damage to the club-supporter relationship. The meeting expressed great disappointment that this action had been taken by the club and concern that the club did not seek opinion beforehand.

* Many other supporters issues relating next years season tickets also are unresolved including priority in picking seating, season tickets for non allocated seating areas and season ticket offers and these can also be addressed with co-operation should the club allow.

* Incidents of electronic mail not being opened at the club were brought to Michael’s attention. The whole electronic system is however under review at the club at the moment as it appears to be a server issue but it is accepted mail should be checked daily.

* Michael was asked to look into arrangements for hospitality and report back to the next meeting.

10. Westfield Update and FFC Board Report

* Construction work has faced short delays at Westfield over the past month with the delay in connecting to the main sewer and the discovery of asbestos on site but this is now resolved.

* Regular meetings have been held with the Police and Council and there are no traffic issues. There will be a roundabout created and 30mph limit will be introduced on Grangemouth Road.

* One floodlight has been erected and the other will follow when winds subside sufficiently. An expert from Italy will focus these when ready.

* Under soil heating is currently going in, the pitch will be seeded in April ready for play late July. Pre-season friendlies are unlikely to be played at the stadium.

* It is expected that the club will have limited occupancy within the next 3-4 weeks. There is a possibility that the area set up as a warm up area may not be used for that purpose.

* It was confirmed that the reported restricted view seating is due to the barrier along the walkway

* Kirstie asked again for her concerns regarding the size of the current area set aside for the Supporters Bar to be minuted.

* The club are trying to set up a virtual tour on the web prior to actual tours being available.

* The second stand built may well be the Grangemouth Road stand and that it is hoped it would be completed around October. This may mean a temporary stand at the Laurieston end at the start of the season.

* The next Falkirk FC Board meeting is 17th March and will concentrate on budgets and projections for next season

* There are 11 players in contract at the end of the season.

* The OFT have contacted the SPL and we believe a response has been received. The club is awaiting further developments.

* In response to a question from the floor it was confirmed that we were still receiving transfer payments from Aberdeen for Jamie McQuilken.

* The Club’s AGM is confirmed as the 19th April

* Andy Nichol has been appointed to run the JVC. He has considerable experience in this area in England.

11. Any Other Business

* Concern was raised over the lack of communications between Back the Bairns and BairnsTrust.

* Bill Anderson advised that monies raised by Back the Bairns were not going to be channelled into buying shares and that the Marquee Dance that is to be held at Little Kerse is to raise money to fit out a Hall of Fame.

* Michael suggested he ask again that information be given to BairnsTrust to prevent conflict of dates etc.

* Stewart suggested that BairnsTrust logo be added to the advertising Board used to back any television interviews.

12. Date and Time of Next Meeting

The next meeting will be the AGM on 5th April. In view of Easter holidays and the Club AGM the next monthly meeting will be put back to 26th April at 7.30pm in Elliots.
.



: : Download these minutes in Word Format : :