1) Welcome/Opening Remarks Vice-Chairman Brian Guthrie welcomed everyone to the meeting in the absence of Chairman Steven Jackson.
2) Apologies Steven Jackson, Derek Gunn, Stewart and Lorna Wilson, Jack Gardiner, David Robertson, Bill Robertson, George Williamson, Liz and Danielle Dunsmore.
3) Minutes of previous meeting Unavailable due to absence of Chairman. To be approved at next meeting.
4) Matters Arising Matters arising are covered in other agenda items.
5) Secretary’s Report The Secretary reported of upcoming Trust Board members training events ran by Supporters Direct, the Scottish football survey had been well received with 1200 responses (60 from Falkirk) and correspondence is continuing with Supporters Direct regarding the new supporters’ group membership category. A press release had been received from nhs24 detailing FFC’s support of the health road show taking place in the Mall on Wed 21st Oct. Several e-mails received in relation to Remembrance Sunday ‘Silence’ at the Celtic game. It was agreed that silence is the only option for Falkirk fans and it was suggested that the Club Chaplain lead the silence on the pitch. Membership numbers are unclear given the Treasurer’s absence but indications are that numbers are up on last year.
6) Treasurer's Report In the absence of the Treasurer, the Vice-Chairman gave a brief update with the information passed on to him. There is £4,582 in the bank as of 1st October with some subscription money yet to be banked.
7) Social Conveners Report Social convener announced that the latest football quiz night was a complete success. It was disappointing that no FFC representatives turned up. Hopefully they will be at the General Knowledge quiz night which has been arranged for Mon 23rd Nov in the Castings Club, 7.30pm start. The Legends calendar is well advanced and should be going into print within the next couple of weeks. We are still looking for sponsors to take up the remaining pages. The Junior Bairns race night takes place on Fri 20th Nov at the Castings Club with tickets priced at £3.
8) Board Report Brian reported that FFC board meeting now take a new format with presentations from different departments within the Club. The manager has identified new players for every position using the new computerised database which covers all international areas. There is the possibility of several younger players moving out on loan or being freed in January to release wages. Sean Lynch is working hard and has played himself into the first team. Another SPL club questioned Eddie May’s qualifications but nothing has come of it. Eddie is UEFA youth qualified and is willing to take a top up course when the time comes. BairnsTrust have been encouraged to arrange more dates for fans forums around the Falkirk area. Confirmed dates and venues will be announced at the next BairnsTrust meeting. The FFC Board warned that this years AGM documentation will be very complex due to combining all the Club’s accounts.
9) A.O.C.B. The BairnsTrust AGM timeline is to be decided at next months meeting to be organised for an earlier AGM date in 2010.
The boardroom draw was unable to take place tonight because of the Treasurers absence. This will now be made at next months meeting and the two directors will double up on guests to clear the backlog.
Question regarding the Player Bond Scheme – This has been put on hold with the Club wanting to concentrate on selling shares instead.
Question regarding Hospitality and finances – Good turnout at St Mirren game and Old Firm games near sell-out. Poor take-up for midweek Aberdeen game, TV money not covering costs of lost revenue.
Amarillo – New stadium caterers Azure want to be open 7 days a week but there are still contractual difficulties with the Council and the de-merger.
10) Date of next meeting Monday 16th November 2009 at 7.30pm in the Warm-Up Area of Falkirk Stadium.
Everyone is welcome and can participate in discussion, but only members are allowed to vote on any issue.
© Copyright 2009 BairnsTrust. All rights reserved