1) Welcome/Opening Remarks Chairman Steven Jackson welcomed everyone to the meeting.
2) Apologies M. Dickins, J. Gardiner
3) Minutes of previous meeting Proposed by M. McIntyre; Seconded by S. Monfries
4) Matters Arising Matters arising are covered in other agenda items.
5) Secretary’s Report The Secretary reported of correspondence received from ShireTrust regarding their upcoming race night on Friday 20th November 2009. Unfortunately, that is the same night as the Junior Bairns race night; therefore BairnsTrust will be unlikely to send any representation. Supporters Direct are looking for examples of projects or fundraising to be added to their website in order to help other Trusts. Secretary sent details of our recent Many Nations, One Bairns campaign. Newsletter 66 was sent out. One online membership received. Letter correspondence: Latest Supporters Direct magazine issued, Corporation Tax request – None to pay, FSA annual invoice received.
6) Treasurer's Report In the absence of the Treasurer, Chairman highlighted his concern that there are many transactions outstanding, some from months ago. Monies received include £150 cheque from member donation, cash from Ian Mitchell, and two memberships from Shetlands with donation. End of year accounts are due to FSA. Chairman will contact Treasurer.
7) Social Conveners Report General Knowledge Quiz Night, Monday 23rd November 2009, 7.30pm at Castings Club. £10 per team to win £100 prize. Urgent request for donation of raffle prizes. Figures from Football Quiz – 14 Teams = £140, Raffle = £110 and Auction = £175. There will be a collection held at the stall at the Hamilton game for Children in Need. This took in over £550 last year and is anticipated to reach this again. Legends calendar is nearing completion and should be ready for print by Thursday or Friday this week. The Falkirk Herald has been generous in supplying archive photos and their services free of charge and we are receiving a good deal from the printers. There will only be one game to push sales before Christmas but it will be available in other outlets including the Club shop.
8) Board Report The manager has identified new players for every position using the new computerised database which covers all international areas. He has put recent bad form down to injuries, costly mistakes and some bad luck. He has given the board a list of targets for January and beyond, one of which was ‘Pele’ which has obviously now been brought forward. It was suggested that players are used more in hospitality. This could use a rotation system of squad numbers i.e. even one week, odd the next, to allow players notice of when they will be needed. Finance is a big issue and it is estimated £40k less income from sponsorship. With the share rights issue coming up, shares will be available to existing shareholders at 68p, going up to £1.33 in January after a re-valuation. Campbell Christie is the only Board member up for re-election. Other members are happy to back him to continue.
FFC AGM – Secretary will represent BairnsTrust at the meeting. Vice-Chairman will try and secure observer invitations for some other members. Also, question re change of auditors. To be raised at board meeting or at AGM by member.
Question regarding Tommy Logan and other share savers. Contact will be made with Treasurer to confirm current status of share save accounts.
Membership Cards – They will be sent out as soon as full membership list has been collated.
Programme Commission – No-one has been collecting the programme commission BairnsTrust are entitled to as a seller. Tom Paterson will follow this up.
Boardroom Draw – Concern that there has not been a draw this season. To be discussed by committee.
10) Date of next meeting *No December Meeting* Monday 18th January 2010 at 7.30pm in the Warm-Up Area of Falkirk Stadium.
There then followed a committee meeting to discuss boardroom draw, BairnsTrust AGM Timeline and Calendar Price:
- Boardroom Draw Winners: Hamilton Game – Brian Dundas, Hearts Game – Des Wilson, St Johnstone Game x 2 – Angus Robertson & John Derks. Reserves – Alexander Brown & Frank Hullett
Thursday 31st December 2009 Deadline for membership to be able to vote
Monday 18th January 2010 Normal trust meeting held. AGM documentation to be posted out
Monday 1st February 2010 Nominations and 250 word election address by 7pm to Independent Adjudicator.
*Monday 8th February 2010 Selection Evening if more than two nominations for Fans Rep Position
Monday 15th February 2010 Normal meeting along with Hustings night, if needed
Ballot Papers sent out along with any constitutional amendments
Monday 15th March 2010 BairnsTrust AGM and Election Results Announced
Deadline 7pm Friday 12th for postal votes or 7pm in person on Monday 15th
- Calendar price agreed as £6.00. Postal charges to be looked into by Vice-Chairman.
Everyone is welcome and can participate in discussion, but only members are allowed to vote on any issue.
© Copyright 2009 BairnsTrust. All rights reserved