Bairns Trust Meeting
17th October 2011 at Falkirk Stadium
1) Welcome/Opening Remarks & Apologies
Chairman T Paterson welcomed everyone and took apologies from B Dick, M Dickins, J Gardiner and C Paterson.
A healthy attendance with guest visitors, M Ritchie, L Millar, B Fitzpatrick and P McDonald.
2) Minutes of Previous Meeting/Matters Arising
Bird mess. P McDonald ensured would be sorted. Health and Safety issue. Netting quote received.
Proposed: B. Guthrie; Seconded: M. McIntyre.
Guest Speaker – Martin Ritchie then gave an informative and in-depth update on events since last spoke at Trust "event in the stand" night.
3) Secretary’s Report
Various e-mail and letter correspondence received. Trust were asked by the club to survey supporters re Friday Night Football proposal. Results passed to club were as follows:
. Are you in favour of the proposal - Yes: 26%, No: 73%.
. Would you attend more games if on a Friday - Yes: 24%, No: 76%.
. Would you renew your season ticket if Friday games - Yes: 42%, No: 57%.
. Lots of further comments gathered, e.g. If say BBC Alba were to televise this may assist.
4) Trust Representative's Club Board Report
Shares will now be at par value of 50pence per share and requested that Trust be informed of this. Share income to be used to reduce ongoing debt. All other items were covered in M Ritchie's presentation tonight.
5) Treasurer’s Report
Split into two parts;
First part up to financial year end of 30/09/11 – Lots of memberships received and PayPal account balance all transferred into Trust bank account. Bank balance quoted. Couple of home matches since last meeting with good sales at stalls. Treasurer can now commence compiling file for Independent Examination.
Second part from 01/10/11 – 16/10/11 – Last of 2011 calendar sponsor cheques received. First of 2012 calendar sponsor cheques received; Darrells Cakes. Sharesavers continue. About to mature and will obtain at 50p/share. £75 paid to Falkirk Foundation Community Fund for medals and goody bags for participants from Carrongrange School at the annual BairnsTrust Tom Jamieson Memorial 5-a-side Tournament held on Wed 12/10/11.
Other – FSA Annual Fee due to be paid by end of month. Ongoing correspondence with HMRC re Trust's Corporation Tax status. Grant received from Red Card Scotland for materials at SRTRC Day v QOS on Sat 15/10/11. Calendar quotes obtained. Potential second Trust bank account discussed. Trust sent card to C Christie wishing well. Trust Banking and Cash Handling Procedures compiled for best practice to follow. Proposed: P Jack; Seconded: G Burns. Adopted from 01/10/11.
Guest Speaker – Operation Manager Bernadette Fitzpatrick then gave an informative and in-depth update on role and matchday tasks. Volunteers sought to assist.
6) Social Convener’s Report
Grant received from Red Card Scotland for materials at SRTRC Day v QOS on Sat 15/10/11. Discussions ongoing as to the return of the matchday marquee tent. Calendar progress made. Sponsors sought. Design developed.
* Club's Fans Charter has changed. Certain items deleted without consultation. Require to be restored.
* Lack of information given to fans ahead of Stirlingshire Cup tie versus E Stirling re split of main stand. Game was actually a Shire home game, but Stenhousemuir AstroTurf not available.
* Proposal raised earlier in evening re potential for away fans to be housed in Main Stand. Trust will canvas affected supporters and give feedback to club via upcoming meeting with M Ritchie and A Thompson.
* BairnsTrust Boardroom Experience draw was made:
. Sat 29/10/11 v Raith Rovers – M Ross.
. Sat 05/11/11 v Livingston – M Caldwell.
Reserves in order – W Falconer and S Knox.
8) Date of Next Meeting
Monday 21st November 2011 at 7.30pm in the Warm-Up Area of Falkirk Stadium.
* If you have not yet renewed your 2011- 2012 Annual Membership, Forms are available at this meeting; feel free to take a copy for one or more of your friends.
Everyone is welcome and can participate in discussion, but only members are allowed to vote on any issue.
© Copyright 2011 BairnsTrust. All rights reserved